Hello nerdlings! Today is my 28th birthday, and so, to celebrate, I want to share some awesome merch that I have bought or will (hopefully) buy as little presents to myself!
1. First and foremost, Jared Padalecki, of Supernatural (and formerly of Gilmore Girls!), started the Always Keep Fighting Campaign back in March. This campaign was to raise money for the charity To Write Love on Her Arms, and awareness for depression, addiction, mental illness and suicide. This is a cause near and dear to my heart and I jumped right in on it! I have already gotten to have numerous conversations with people about the shirt and why I wear it. Hopefully I have left a little hope in my wake and have encouraged someone to Always Keep Fighting.
2. Of course, after the success of the first campaign, Jared started a new one, along with friend and co-star Jensen Ackles, where the money would go to a joint fund set up by the two, to do the same as before. I love them and their vulnerability and understanding. I purchased 2 this time-a sweatshirt and tank. Can’t wait for them to be delivered (hopefully next week!)
3. One of my favorite purchases of late, was this Leaf on the Wind pendant. Firefly, aka seriously one of the greatest shows ever created (in my humble opinion), was canceled after just one season (too soon), but Mr. Whedon gave us Serenity-the movie to wrap things up a bit after the show ended. Wash, the pilot of “the best ship in the ‘verse”, had this line during a certain stressful point in the movie- “I am a leaf on the wind; watch how I soar.” It’s the best, Wash is the best, and I had to have this pendant. Of course, I got Serenity caught and ripped her right off the leaf yesterday, so that’s awful sad. BUT, the boyfriend is fixing it and it will be good as new shortly!
4. I never thought I’d jump on the Pop! Vinyl wagon, but when I got a figure in one of my Loot Crate boxes, I was hooked. Now, I have been dying to buy Sam & Dean vinyl figures, and they have them on Think Geek! They will probably be one of my next frivolous purchases.
5. Loot Crate has been amazing and one of the best, most fun purchases I’ve made. Each month, the boyfriend and I (im)patiently wait for ours to arrive. Of course, I get the t-shirts since I signed up, and I’m selfish 😉 I can’t wait until I have someplace to display all the awesome toys and gadgets that come in the boxes! If you click here, you will be directed to the Loot Crate website, and if you sign up using that link, I get $5 towards a crate & 4 referrals get me a free crate! Don’t worry, don’t feel obligated, I just wanted to make sure you all knew that. BUT, you should totally sign up. It’s like it’s your birthday every month!
P.S. Don’t forget to click the links over yonder and follow me on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!